Standard guarantee game contacts stipulate the monetary compensation due to visiting programs, financial penalties in case of cancellation, and ticket allocations for visiting fan-bases. However, some ADs push beyond the norm when constructing their guarantee contracts. We perused the Win AD Guarantee Games database to highlight some of the most creative terms we’ve seen:
- A visiting men’s basketball team received ten post-game pizzas, “delivered to the locker room.”
- A visiting woman’s basketball team received 200 Nike T-Shirts, 25 pairs of Nike shoes, and 25 sets of Nike warm-ups as part of their compensation package.
- Two men’s basketball programs agreed not to forward any copies of the game film to future opponents.
- A men’s basketball team agreed to pay for and deliver two 42 inch Plasma TVs to a visitings program’s basketball office.
- In one of the most extensive compensation packages we’ve seen, one program offered a visitor round trip airfare, bus-service to and from the airport, hotel and game site, a luxury hotel package, and a $30,000 meal stipend.