Arkansas recently announced the hiring of head football coach John L. Smith in the wake of Bobby Petrino departure. Notable conditions of the $850,000 contract include:
- A ten-month term without an interim tag.
- Language ensuring AD Jeff Long sole authority to make personnel changes.
- Salary sources divided equally between the University and the Razorback Foundation.
Boise State extended head football coach Chris Petersen; unique terms include:
- A $250,000 annual licensing fee, payable to Chris Petersen Enterprises LLC in exchange for the exclusive rights to market and merchandise Petersen’s image and likeness.
- After the initial five years of the agreement, the contract includes automatic one-year extensions for each season the Broncos win at least eight games.
Texas named Karen Aston women’s basketball head coach.
- In addition to her $595,000 base salary, Aston will receive a one- time, $115,000 “relocation payment.”