– San Jose State hired Gene Bleymaier as their next athletic director. Bleymaier will receive $220,092 annually from San Jose, along with $102,000 from the private, booster-funded, Tower Foundation.
– Western Kentucky University removed the “interim” tag from Todd Stewart’s title, naming him their next full time athletic director. His contract includes a $1 million severance penalty if Stewart leaves within five years. Western Kentucky will owe Stewart one year’s base salary if they terminate the contract.
– Virginia men’s basketball coach Tony Bennett signed a five-year extension that will:
- Keep his base salary at about $1.7 million.
- Pay Bennett a $500,000 retention bonus if he’s with Virginia in 2014.
- Reset his buyout clause so that Bennett will owe Virginia $1 million if he leaves before 2014.
– According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s Jeff Shultz, Georgia head coach Mark Richt’s pending three-year contact extension will keep his base salary at the same level – about $2.9 million – but double his maximum potential incentive bonuses from $400,000 to $800,000.
– Nebraska basketball coach Tim Miles signed a seven-year, $1.4 million contract. Notable clauses include:
- Annual $125,000 raises.
- A $720,000 budget to hire assistant coaches.
- Two vehicles, a country club membership, and the athletic department will pay for his wife to travel to road games.
– Keep up with every NCAA coach and administrator transaction with The @Win_AD_Wire! –